jelly bean bread

LIR119@delphi.com
Sun, 16 Mar 1997 07:28:19 -0500 (EST)
v097.n023.16
Someone was looking for jelly bean bread:  I made this in loaf pans
before. Hope this helps. If it's a quick bread you are looking for this
should be fine. If it is a jelly bean yeast bread, then let us
know and I can search for a yeast one  :)

MM: Jelly  Bean  Confetti  Cake
---------- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.03

      Title: Jelly  Bean  Confetti  Cake
 Categories: Cakes
      Yield: 1 servings

      2 c  All-purpose flour
    3/4 c  Miniature jelly beans, cut
           In
           Half (not licorice)
      1 c  Sugar
      1 c  Butter or margarine,
           Softened
      1 pk 8 oz. cream cheese,
           Softened
      1 ts Vanilla
      3    Eggs
  1 1/2 ts Baking powder
    1/4 ts Salt
           Confectioners' sugar

  Heat oven to 325 degrees.  Generously grease and flour
  12 cup fluted tube pan or angel cake pan.  Lightly
  spoon flour into measuring cup.  Level off.  In small
  bowl toss jelly beans with 2 tablespoons of the flour.
  Set a side.  In large bowl, beat sugar, butter, cream
  cheese and vanilla until well blended.  Add eggs, one
  at a time, beating well after each addition. Add
  remaining flour, baking powder and salt. Blend well.
  Spoon 1 cup of batter evenly over bottom of prepared
  pan. Stir jelly beans into remaining batter.    Spoon
  into baking pan. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 50-60
  minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of cake
  comes out clean. Cool upright in pan 10 minute s.
  Invert on serving plate. Cool completely. Sprinkle
  with confectioner s' sugar.

-----

Joan,"Flour Power"

`[1;34;46mRainbow V 1.18.3 for Delphi - Registered