sponges

Cherie Ambrosino <Cherie_Ambrosino@cch.com>
18 Mar 97 10:08:54
v097.n023.13
Hi folks - I tried the Cibiatta recipe last weekend [it was from here wasn't it
- if not someone holler and I'll post this terrific recipe - anyway I'll assume
it was from here] - - - Everyone went BANANAS!!  Without doubt my most
successful bread making attempt [I've been baking at least once a week for
several YEARS - bottom line - try this recipe!]  It was also my first time
using a sponge [I followed the recipe to the letter!]  and I'm wondering if the
great texture was due to using such a critter.  I tried making a whole wheat
loaf yesterday using a sponge [most of my baking is whole grain - I only tried
the cibiatta as a treat for my light and crispy white bread loving guy] and it
came out pretty well - it looked like a real loaf which usually doesn't happen
with my 100% whole wheat loaves and did have a better texture than normal.  I'm
wondering if anyone has any advice about sponges [we don't eat sourdough so I
mean just regular sponges] or any whole grain-ier recipies using them - and
thanks so much to whoever posted the Cibiatta - magnifico!!

Patiently waiting for spring to spring!  Cherie