MAKE YOUR OWN BREAD MIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,INSTEAD OF BUYING(1.5 LB. BREAD

CHEFLZ@aol.com
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 19:20:11 -0500 (EST)
v097.n023.6
I've found a quick and easy  way to avoid buying those expensive mixes for
bread machines. I make up the mixes myself and put them in ziploc bags for
future use. My recipe, per bag is as follows:

First ingredient, (yeast goes first, so it'll remain on the top of the
ingedients when the bag is dumped into the bread machine), 1 packet or tblspn
of yeast
1 teas. salt
2 tblspns sugar
3-1/4 cups sifted flour

When you need to make the bread, simply put 2 tablespoons of oil with 1-1/8
cup water into the machine, then dump your mix on top. Bake according to
machine instructions.

I usually make up a dozen of these at a time. They cost about 35 cents each
as opposed to 2 or 3 dollars each in the store. They're also easy to add
herbs and seasoning to if a savory bread is needed.
--------
 Try it with diff. kinds of flour,reduce amounts for a 1lb. machine.