RECIPE: Whole Wheat Bread

Vickie Kelley <vickie@poincare.atmos.colostate.edu>
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 08:53:29 +0000
v097.n021.14
This may come through twice since I've sent it to two different
addresses.  It has been so long since I posted that I have forgetten
where to send contributions to the list.  I apologize in advance for any
confusion!

---------------------
I thought I would share a nice whole wheat bread recipe I have adapted
over the months.  It works really well and I get a good rise out of it.
I use a Zoji on the quick bread setting (believe it or not).  It works.

Whole Wheat Bread
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1/2 cup		Buttermilk
1 & 1/4 cups	Water
1/8 cup		Honey
1/2 teaspoon	Salt
2 & 1/2 cups	Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 cup		Gluten
1/2 cup		dry powdered instant milk
1/3 cup		oatmeal, uncooked
1 tablespoon	yeast (I use Saf)
1/2 tablespoon	C-1 Dough Conditioner (available from Delta Rehab).

Add all ingredients to pan in order listed.  Set machine on quick or
rapid cycle.  OR you can play around with it to see which setting works
best for you.

Vickie C . Kelley 		Department of Atmospheric Science
phone: 970-491-8613 		Colorado State University
fax:   970-491-8449		Fort Collins, CO  80523-1371

		vickie@.atmos.colostate.edu
``Experience is the hardest teacher because it gives the test
first, then the lesson.''  -anon