MAGHERRICK: WW bread w/ potato

magherrick@juno.com (MARGARET E HERRICK)
Sun, 09 Mar 1997 16:46:46 EST
v097.n021.12
To: Natalie.Frankel@mixcom.com
Subject: WW bread w/ potato

Hi, Natalie,

This is one I do in my dome top DAK turbo machine which makes a lag\rge
loaf:

100% WHOLE WHEAT BREAD

1 T.  red star dry yeast
3 cups Pillsbury (or other) whole wheat flour
1 T gluten powder
1/2 cup potato flakes
2 T sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 C canola oil
1 1/4 C very warm water  (more or less depending on flour & humidity)

Use instructions from your particular machine.  The ingredients have to
go into the DAK in the order listed above, but other machines require a
different order.

I make this basic bread and also variations of it, using herbs, chopped
onions etc, or a  combine raisins and sweet spices.  It's very versatile.
 Use your imagination.  If you can get Pillsbury whole wheat (graham)
flour please do so as I find it works better than most.

Did you know that bread rises best when the Moon is Full?   Strange but
true!  Check it out.

sincerely  Maggie       magherrick@juno.com