Peanut Butter Bread

Judy Moreth <VWMOREJ@vw.cc.va.us>
Tue, 04 Mar 1997 08:36:07 -0500
v097.n019.12
Hi,

As so many others have said, I, too, have been lurking for awhile. I just got my bread maker
for Christmas and I love it. Someone asked for a peanut butter bread recipe so I'm posting this
one. I've made it several times to give to others and everyone has raved about it. Hope you
guys like it, too. This is from Betty Crocker's Bread Machine Cookbook.

Peanut Butter Bread
(1-Pound Recipe)
(1 1/2 pound amounts in parentheses)

2/3 c. water (1 c. + 1 Tbls.)
1/4 c. peanut butter (1/2 c.)
2 c. bread flour (3 c.)
2 Tbls. packed brown sugar (3 Tbls)
3/4 tsp. salt (1 tsp.)
1 1/4 tsp. bread machine yeast (2 tsp.)

Measure carefully and  place ingredients in you ABM
in the order recommended by the manufacturer of your machine.
Select Sweet or Basic/White cycle.

1 slice=200 calories (55 calories from fat)
Fat=6 grams (saturated, 1 gram)
Cholesterol=0 mg.
Sodium=230 mg.
Carbohydrate= 32 g. (dietary fiber= 2g)
Protein=6 grams.

Definitely not a bread for anyone on a diet--enjoy!

Judy Moreth