Sam's Club Yeast

BunnyMama@aol.com
Wed, 12 Feb 1997 10:02:38 -0500 (EST)
v097.n012.17
Thanks to all of you who answered my question about Red Star Yeast.  I tried
to answer you individually, but there were just too many of you who gave me
instructions on how to use and store it.  Thanks again.

Sharon

Here's an ABM recipe I got from a friend in Canada. It's not a high-riser,
but it tastes wonderful. (My substitutions are in parentheses).

GREEK STYLE BREAD
Source: Jane McKerriger
1 cup milk
1 tbs olive or vegetable oil
1 tsp salt
3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cups crumbled feta cheese (I used a garlic-herb flavor)
1/4 cup sliced ripe olives (I used Greek calamata olives)
1 tbs sugar
2 tsp yeast

Add ingredients to machine in order recommended by manufacturer, adding
cheese and olives with flour.  Recommended cycle: basic/white bread;
medium/normal color setting.  Bread may be more perishable because of cheese;
wrap airtight and store leftovers in refrigerator or freezer.