3 things

Lobo119@worldnet.att.net
Tue, 11 Feb 1997 08:31:07 -0700
v097.n012.15
1.  I need some help with words.  Every time I tell someone my sourdough
bread starter is 25 years old, I get this look and then see them pushing
their bread plate away when they think I'm not looking  ;)

Saying "it's been kept going for 25 years" is cumbersome.  Any ideas for a
good phrase or term?

2.  Update on the cheap quarry tiles I bought at the flooring place for
$6.00  instead of buying an expensive baking stone . . . 2 of them have
fallen in half in my hands recently.  So maybe they're not such a good idea
after all.  I haven't thrown them away.  The breaks were clean, and I lay
them in the oven like a jigsaw puzzle now.

3.  Here's a good pan coating for bread.  But . . . label it.  I made it
recently with butter flavored Crisco.  My husband came home for lunch, was
looking for margarine or butter (of which there was none) and decided to try
this.  He said it wasn't too good . . .

PAN COATING
1 1/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup salad oil
1/4 cup flour

Store in refrigerator and use to grease baking pans.
Lobo