Sourdough Cheese Rolls

"Robert and Carole Walberg" <walbergr@mb.sympatico.ca>
Thu, 6 Feb 1997 12:14:28 -500
v097.n011.3
Years ago I used to make this recipe regularly using my food
processor.  I lost the cookbook and Cindy Walker in Georgia came to
my aid.  My son tasted one for the first time and said that the
flavour was superb.  Try it- you'll like it!!

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                          Sourdough Cheese Rolls

Recipe By     : Better Homes & Gardens Bread Book
Serving Size  : 24   Preparation Time :3:00
Categories    : Breads                           Sourdough

   1      cup           sourdough starter
   1      package       dry yeast
     3/4  cup           warm water -- 110-115 degrees
   4      cups          all-purpose flour -- 4 to 4-1/2 cups
     1/4  cup           sugar
     1/4  cup           butter or margarine -- softened
   1                    egg
   2      teaspoons     salt
     1/2  teaspoon      baking soda
   1      cup           shredded cheddar cheese

Bring Sourdough Starter to room temperature.  In mixer bowl dissolve
yeast in water; mix in 1-1/2 cups of the flour, the sugar, butter,
egg, salt, and Starter.  Beat at low speed of electric mixer 2
minutes, scraping sides of bowl.  Beat 3 minutes at hi.  Punch down.
Cover; let rest 10 minutes.  Divide dough into 24 pieces; shape into
balls on greased baking sheets.  Cover; let rise till nearly double
(25 to 30 minutes).  Bake in 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or till
golden.

Carole Walberg

carole@mts.net
Visit my home page at: http://www.brandonu.ca/~walberrd/family.htm
for Copycat, Crockpot, Cookies, Soups, and Italian recipes in Mastercook format.