Amsih Friendship Bread starter

reedan@global2000.net (Daniela Sciaky)
Sat, 25 Jan 1997 16:37:06 -0500
v097.n008.9
Several months ago I received a starter for Amish Friendship bread. The
bread is a quick bread where the starter has all the basic ingredients that
previously was divided up. All of the incubation for the starter is done at
room temperature. Well after prepping many rounds of the bread and giving
away starter, I finally gave up and lost the starter. Freezing the final
step was a disaster. Does anyone have any idea how to start it again from
scratch? The recipe is below.

Amish Friendship Bread

Use Metal Spoon. Do NOT refrigerate.

Day 1 -- Do Nothing (this is the point when the starter is received)
Day 2 -- Squish Bag or Stir
Day 3 -- Squish Bag or Stir
Day 4 -- Squish Bag or Stir
Day 5 -- Squish Bag or Stir
Day 6 -- Add 1 Cup Flour, 1 Cup Sugar, 1 Cup Milk. Squish Bag or Stir
Day 7 -- Squish Bag or Stir  (Let air out of bag.)
Day 8 -- Squish Bag or Stir  (Let air out of bag.)
Day 9 -- Squish Bag or Stir  (Let air out of bag.)
Day 10 -- Add 1 Cup Flour, 1 Cup Sugar, 1 Cup Milk. Squish Bag or Stir

Pour 4 one-cup starter bags and give to friends!!

        Use remaining ingredients and add 1/2 cup milk, 1 cup oil, 1 tsp.
vanilla, 3 eggs and mix.

        In another bowl, mix 2 cups flour, 1 cup sugar, 1-1/2 tsp. baking
powder, 1 large box of instant vanilla pudding (optional: 1 cup chopped
pecans) and mix thoroughly.

        Combine wet and dry ingredients, pour dough into 2 large, well
greased cinnamon-and-sugared loaf pans. Sprinkle extra sugar mixture on
top. Bake at 325 degrees for 60 minutes.

Thanks for your help.

Daniela