Chocolate Bread

Eddy Philpott <EPhilpott@wow.com>
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 21:58:54 -0500
v097.n006.10
I got this chocolate bread recipe from watching a television program.  I tried
it and it is outstanding.  I changed it and added coconut, pecans and chocolate
chips to the bread.  I think you could add other flavorings if you wanted to.
 Hope you try the recipe and enjoy it as much as I have.

Cocoa Bread

1 pkg yeast
2 1/2 - 2 3/4 C flour
2 Tbs butter
3 Tbs sugar
1/4 C Cocoa
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 egg
1/2 C water
1/4 C Milk
1/4 C Coconut flakes
1/4 C chopped pecans
1/4 C chocolate chips

Follow manufactures directions for adding ingredients.  At beep, add the coconut
pecans, and chocolate chips.  I divided my dough into three mini loaves and
baked at 350 for 25 - 30 minutes (until the internal temperature of the bread
reached 210 degrees.  Original instructions said to preheat oven to 375 but bake at 350.  If you make one large regular size loaf bake for 35 - 40 minutes.

According to the chef on the tv, all breads should be baked to 210 degrees.
Inset the instant read probe into the center of the bread making sure not to touch
the edge of the pan.