Home Bread-Bakers v097.n004.10

[no subject]

"Ron Cochran" <cochran@vbe.com>
Mon, 13 Jan 1997 19:55:26 -0600
>From: Bonnie Pollack <bpollack@umd5.umd.edu>
>Subject: which machine to buy
>Date: Sat, 4 Jan 1997 09:31:15 -0500 (EST)

>I have procrastinated in buying a second machine.  I was about to put a
>Zo on layaway when the new Breadman Ultima came on the market.  I want a
>machine that has versatility and dependability and is well backed by the
>manufacturer.  I also hate pans that stick after multiple uses.  I am
>addicted to making bread and make 2 or so loaves a day.  Any advice would
>be appreciated.  I am leaning toward the Zo as a gut feeling but do not
>have any hard evidence.  Help please.  Bonnie

I have had a Zoji S15A machine for the past several months.  I have been
impressed with the fact that it is very well made.  It is very quiet during
operation and, I believe,  will stand up to a lot of hard use.  A loal
gormet store here confirms that they have used the same Zoji machine for
teaching classes for several years.  The Zoji manuals also gives me a lot
more information about exact kneading and baking times than other machines
do.  And I do like the "cake" cycle.

Having said that, there are certainly some negatives:

	- Zoji is not a very helpful company.  I think that the people who answer
their phones know little.
	- My breadpan has started to stick somewhat after only a few month's use.
I now use cooking
 	  spray on it prior to use.
	- While the "homemade" programmable cycle is quite nice, its programming
is very slow.

Take care!

Ron Cochran
1002 Pembrook Dr.
Neenah, WI  54956

"If you don't learn anything from your mistakes,
then there's no sense in making them!"