[no subject]

"Ron Cochran" <cochran@vbe.com>
Mon, 13 Jan 1997 19:55:26 -0600
v097.n004.10
>From: Bonnie Pollack <bpollack@umd5.umd.edu>
>Subject: which machine to buy
>Date: Sat, 4 Jan 1997 09:31:15 -0500 (EST)

>I have procrastinated in buying a second machine.  I was about to put a
>Zo on layaway when the new Breadman Ultima came on the market.  I want a
>machine that has versatility and dependability and is well backed by the
>manufacturer.  I also hate pans that stick after multiple uses.  I am
>addicted to making bread and make 2 or so loaves a day.  Any advice would
>be appreciated.  I am leaning toward the Zo as a gut feeling but do not
>have any hard evidence.  Help please.  Bonnie

Bonnie,

I have had a Zoji S15A machine for the past several months.  I have been
impressed with the fact that it is very well made.  It is very quiet during
operation and, I believe,  will stand up to a lot of hard use.  A loal
gormet store here confirms that they have used the same Zoji machine for
teaching classes for several years.  The Zoji manuals also gives me a lot
more information about exact kneading and baking times than other machines
do.  And I do like the "cake" cycle.

Having said that, there are certainly some negatives:

	- Zoji is not a very helpful company.  I think that the people who answer
their phones know little.
	- My breadpan has started to stick somewhat after only a few month's use.
I now use cooking
 	  spray on it prior to use.
	- While the "homemade" programmable cycle is quite nice, its programming
is very slow.

Take care!

Ron

Ron Cochran
cochran@vbe.com
1002 Pembrook Dr.
Neenah, WI  54956
voice-414-729-0742

"If you don't learn anything from your mistakes,
then there's no sense in making them!"