Re. kneading cycles/wonderslim?

LAllin@aol.com
Mon, 30 Dec 1996 15:49:23 -0500
v097.n001.1
Debbie Hrabinski <piggie@worldnet.att.net> said:
>also, I recently came across a recipe that needed "wonderslim".  This
>doesn't sound too appetizing, what is it????
>Thx, Debbie
>piggie@worldnet.att.net

Wonderslim is a fat & egg substitute, used to make baked goods moist.  It can
also be used in salad dressings.  A 1/4 cup has only 35 calories and replaces
a 1/2 cup of fat (butter, oil, margarine, etc.) which would have several
hundred calories.  It is made from dried plums (prunes), water and lecithin.

I have used it on a few occasions; it works just fine in making the baked
goods moist, but changes the texture somewhat.  If you are concerned with
eliminating fat, you might also want to try substituting applesauce for fat,
in a one-for-one ratio; it works fine, though you might want to reduce any
sugar a recipe calls for because of the natural sweetness of the applesauce.

Hope this helps.