flour worm problem

Karen Fenlason <iddkcf@iddis.com>
Mon, 9 Dec 1996 14:14:49 -0500
v096.n066.3
Gladys,

Do you also have little gray moths flying about your kitchen? I had a
moth/worm infestation in my kitchen. This is what I did to get rid of it:

First I went through the cupboards and threw out anything infested. Then I
put anything grain related in thick plastic containers. The worms or moths
seem to be able to eat through most packaging, but not heavy plastic. Then
I put cedar blocks in the cupboards.

I haven't had the moths back since. I'm still very careful when I open my
flour canister to put the lid back on immediately. I also make sure the lid
is on tight. The moths are pretty sneaky about flying into open containers.
 I hope this helps. I sure hated it when I got a surprise in my noodles or
flour.

-Karen Fenlason