Re: Digest bread-bakers.v096.n060

"Joan Mathew" <cmathew@iadfw.net>
Sun, 1 Dec 1996 05:40:03 -0500
v096.n062.13
> Subject: Re: Old-fashioned, "Manual" bread-making
> Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 11:26:16 -0500 (EST)
>

> Elaine asked if there's people here on this list who don't use
> bread machines.  Yes, there is at least one such person.  Though
> I've been making bread only for a few years, I've never used a
> bread machine.  However, after hearing some friends talk about

Yes, I'm "another one".  I have been making bread for about 6 years
now, and I've always either done it by hand or used my KitchenAid.
That's an aid or tool, but I don't consider it to be a bread machine
like the ones that mix, knead, time bake, all together.  I'm very big
on the touchy-feely part of bread-making, so I don't think a bread
machine will ever be part of my kitchen tools.  Cooking/baking is
something that I enjoy immensely, and in my kitchen any new tools
have to be quite versatile and serve many purposes.  A couple of
tools that I wouldn't be without are my KitchenAid Proline and my Cuisinart
14-cup.  I also have a Vita-Mix, and these three are the most-used
countertop tools I have.

Joan
cmathew@airmail.net
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/8098/