recipe: deep dish pizza dough

LIR119@delphi.com
Tue, 05 Nov 1996 06:42:43 -0500 (EST)
v096.n054.17
I recently posted this recipe on a newsgroup
Its one of my favorites and the dough may be made in the breadmaker almost
as is. I thought you'd enjoy this one as much as I do.

CHICAGO DEEP DISH PIZZA DOUGH
1 pkg yeast
1 tsp sugar
1 cup tepid water
2 1/3 to  3 cups bread flour
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup oil

Dissolve yeast & sugar in 1/4 cup of the water till foamy.Combine 2 3/4
cups flour, cornmeal, salt,oil and remaining 3/4 cup water ina bowl. Stir in
yeast mixture vigorously. turn out to a floured surface and knead smooth and
elastic, adding more flour if necessary to create a springy dough. Let rise
double in an oiled bowl. Punch down and push dough into a deep dish pan or
12 to 15 inch pizza pan.The dough will rise as you are preparing the
toppings.
Top as desired. Bake in a preheated 500 degree oven for 15 minutes. Lower
heat to 375 and bake until bottom of crust is light brown about another 25
minutes or so. Serve Immediately

source: Real American Food

Note: for my abm I put in 1 cup water, 1/4 cup oil( I like olive )
3 cups flour, 1/2 cup cornmeal, 1 tsp salt, a tsp sugar, 2 tsp yeast  and
use the dough cycle . Follow your manufactures instructions to make dough in
your abm . If you dont use the dough immediately you can freeze it or
refrigerate it in a large floured plastic bag overnight.Punch it doen now
and then in the bag when you think of it :)
Enjoy!
Joan,"Flour Power"

'

`[1;33;45mRainbow V 1.18.3 for Delphi - Registered