Basic white bread

Robertal Banghart <bobbi744@sojourn.com>
Sat, 12 Oct 1996 14:51:37 -0400
v096.n049.3
                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                   Master Recipe for Basic White Bread

Recipe By     : Cook Illustrated/bobbi744@sojourn.com
Categories    : 4 Star                           Bread Machine

   2 1/4  teaspoons     active dry yeast
   3      cups          bread flour
   1      teaspoon      salt
   1      tablespoon    sugar
     1/4  cup           nonfat dry milk powder
   1      teaspoon      lemon juice -- acts like gluten
   1      tablespoon    butter or margarine
   1 1/4  cups          water

Add ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Process on white bread
cycle with crust on light setting.
In my Toastmaster bread machine, I tried it on the regular cycle and the
time was too short so the bread caved in on the top. Doing in on the French
Bread Cycle produced a perfect loaf.

NOTES : Very soft white bread with a crusty exterior.