recipes: stuffing bread, rice bread

LIR119@delphi.com
Mon, 30 Sep 1996 08:05:47 -0500 (EST)
v096.n045.13
Reggie, I decided to look through my cookbook usa cd rom ( features over 1
million recipes ) and here are 2 recipes I thought the group as well as your
friend may enjoy.

Actually, I reviewed a ton of rice bread recipes. Any kind of rice as well
as wild rice may be added to white or wheat bread doughs.
Im sure youll get a lot more recipes for your friend!
I'd also suggest a herb bread in which rice etc. could be added.

I have not tried these recipes, they are for your browsing pleasure!

title: STUFFING  BREAD
categories: breads
yield: 1 loaf

1 pkg. dry yeast
1/4 c. warm water
1 c. creamed cottage cheese, heated
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. minced onion
1 tbsp. butter
2 tsp. sage
1 tbsp. celery flakes
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. parsley flakes
2 1/4 c. flour (or less)
1 egg
1/4 tsp. baking soda

   Dissolve yeast in warm water.   Let set about 10 minutes.
   Combine heated cottage cheese, butter, egg and seasonings.
   Stir in flour, mixing well.  Knead about 5 minutes on floured board.
   Place in greased bowl and let rise until double, about 1 hour
   Punch down and shape into loaf of bread or cloverleaf rolls
   and place in greased pan. Bake at 350 degrees.
   Bake bread for 40 to 45 minutes; bake rolls for 15 to 20 minutes.
   Makes 1 loaf or 1 1/2 to 2 dozen rolls.
   Excellent with chicken salad.

title: BROWN-RICE  BREAD
categories: breads
yield: 1 loaf

1 pkg. yeast
1/4 c. honey
5 c. whole wheat flour
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. cooked brown rice at room
         temp.
1  carrot shredded*
3/4 c. unbleached white flour for
    kneading
Cornmeal

  Pour 2 3/4 cups lukewarm water into large mixing bowl and stir in yeast.
  Set aside 5 minutes to dissolve, then with wooden spoon stir in honey
  and 3 cups wheat flour.  Beat vigorously 1 minute.
  Cover with plastic wrap in warm spot 30 minutes or until double.
  Stir in oil and salt.  Add brown rice; beat in last 2 cups wheat flour,
  1/2 cup at a time (a stiff dough).  Turn out on floured board
  and knead about 7 minutes adding flour as needed to prevent sticking.
  Form into ball and place in oiled bowl, turning to coat with oil.
  Cover with plastic wrap, let double.  Sprinkle baking sheet with cornmeal.
  Punch down dough and knead briefly on floured surface.
  Divide in half and shape into balls (flatten during baking).
  Place them diagonally on opposite corners of baking sheet, cover
  loosely with plastic, let rise.  Slash across top.  Bake about
  45 minutes in 375 degree oven.  Cool on wire rack.
  *I add a shredded carrot at the same time I add the rice.Also could add
  grated onion etc in place of carrot.

Hope you enjoy the recipes!

Joan,"Flour Power"

'

`[1;32;45mRainbow V 1.18.3 for Delphi - Registered