recipe: toastmaster cinnamon raisin bread

LIR119@delphi.com
Fri, 27 Sep 1996 14:41:19 -0500 (EST)
v096.n044.5
____MESSAGE HEADER INFORMATION DO NOT WRITE ABOVE THIS LINE______

My girls think this is the best raisins bread they have ever had come out of
a bread machine. We do the 2 lb loaf which incidentially doesnt last long.
Ill give the ratio for the 1 /2 lb and 2 lb loaf. The bread in the
toastmaster is light, fine grained and very moist .Slices best when given
time to cool... but not in my family:)
It should come out well in other abms which handle large recipes.

Dont bother to add a dough conditioner since the lemon juice conditions the
dough. I experimented and did add extra powdered
dough conditioner and the bread came out too soft and didnt cut well.The
Toastmaster breadmaker uses 1 tsp lemon juice in all their bread recipes.You
may want to try this with any of your abm recipes. Their bread booklet
suggests lemon juice or vinegar ( both acidic )  which helps in the
structure of the loaf of bread. And their comment about cinnamon: dont add
more than instructed since cinnamon ( as well as garlic ) inhibits the
growth of yeast. Thought Id pass it on to those who didnt know

CINNAMON RAISIN ( NUT ) BREAD

1 1/2 LB RECIPE:
1 cup water
1 1/2 tbs oil
1 tsp lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 tbs lt brown sugar
1 1/2 tbs powdered dry milk
3 cups bread flour
2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup walnuts

2 lb recipe ( a hugh loaf)
1 cup plus 6 tbs water
2 tbs oil
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp salt
3 tbs lt brown sugar
2 tbs dry milk
4 1/2 cups bread flour
1 tbs active dry yeast
( I use SAF yeast use and only use 2 1/2 tsp )
1 tbs cinnamon
2/3 cup raisins
2/3 cup walnuts

For toatmaster place ingredients in order listed ( otherwise follow your
manufactures instructions ) except raisins, nuts and cinnamon ! Select sweet
bread program. light crust ( I use medium and its fine ). Add cinnamon, nuts
and raisns at the beep ( which would be approx.the last 10 minutes of the last
kneading cycle ).
Note: we dont always add the nuts and just increase the raisins.
EnjoY!