Grinding Own Wheat

Chef-Steve <cahills@cris.com>
Sun, 11 Aug 1996 15:57:12 -0700
v096.n031.7
I'm new to this list.  So far it looks real interesting and some good
recipes.

I saw someone was talking about grinding their own wheat.  I've purchase
thru the mail 50 pound bags of white wheat, dark wheat, rye, etc.  I
grind mine in a VitaMixer.  I originally bought it to make juice that has
all the fibers (since most machines discard fiber).  Well, as I read the
manual, i found it grinds wheat and many other things.  It is loud but
takes only a few seconds.

The bread is so much better with home-ground wheat, at least I think so.

My only problem is it is a bit crumbly.  How do i make bread that isn't
so crumbly.  This is not made in my machine.  I bake it in the oven.  I
haven't yet tried to make bread in my machine with ground wheat.

Susan