Re: tools are made, born are hands

Sat, 27 Jul 1996 23:32:15 -0700
v096.n027.18
Hi Jeffrey,
Jeff and I met you in Boston at a meeting that you were at.  I wanted to
tell you why I primarily use a bread machine.  I am disabled and in a
wheelchair.  I do not have the physical strength any longer to do a whole
loaf by hand as I used to.  I have a food processor but have not made any
using it as yet.  I have used the bread machine on the dough cycle so it is
kneaded and goes thru the rises for me.  Then I can take it out and form it
into what I want and bake it on a stone in the oven.  I know of may other
people also who are in similar situations and can no longer make it by hand.

Another great feature of a bread machine (imho) is that I can set it up at
night and have a fresh loaf waiting for Jeff and I in the morning.  It is a
wonderful thing to wake up to the smell of fresh baked bread...really can
start the day off right!!

This is just my reason for why I primarily use a bread machine...I am sure
that there are others out there who have other reasons also.  I used to love
to knead the dough and do all the process by hand when I was able to do so.
I feel I am really lucky that I can still have fresh bread whenever I want
it with the use of a machine.

Take care,
Reggie