Canisters for holding flour

mpayne@morgan.ucs.mun.ca (Michelle Payne)
Sat, 4 May 1996 15:08:27 -0230 (NDT)
v096.n009. You were asking about canisters for holding about five pounds of
flour or more. I'm not sure if the tubs we use will hold that much but I use
the leftover four litre ice cream tubs that become empty after we eat the
ice cream (usually chocolate).
    The tubs are very large and definitely airtight. I have about five of
them full of various types of flour, they work great and they're very cheap.
I also use the smaller tubs for sugars (white, icing and brown) and for
cocoa, bran, oatmeal and more. Butter tubs are good for leftovers in the
refrigerator and for storing homemade granola. A large butter tub in the
freezer holds all the cornmeal I need for my recipes.
    You know what they say, Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. If I didn't reuse the
tubs they'd be lying around in the landfills until long after I'm gone. Hope
this helps you.

Michelle Payne
Michelle Payne
Memorial University