Home Bread-Bakers v096.n002.6

Re: bread-bakers-digest V6 #87

bj29@mirage.skypoint.com (bjjan)
Sat, 30 Mar 96 06:49 CST
>From: Dave Austin <daustin@smart.net>
>what malt syrup is and where it can be purchased.  and also about how much
>it >might cost. Do you also know how it is purchased--that is the
My first choice to purchase any baking ingredients is my natural food
store. It eliminates the shipping expense, but if you don't have one
nearby, then just call an order a King Arthur Catalog. 1-800-827-6836. They
have anything you could possible want for bread making.

According to King Arthur catalog, "Malt, an all-natural product improves
the flavor and appearance of your loaf, gives it a finer texture and helps
it stay fresh longer. Replace the Tbls. of sweetener in your recipe with
1/2 to 1 Teaspoon of Diastatic Malt Powder, or a Tbls. of organic malt
syrup; it's more versatile, as well as more nutritious, than straight
sugar." 1# Malt Powder is $4.95 and 16-oz Malt Syrup is also $4.95 plus S&H
-  Bev in Mn