new member introduction

cavebat@spectra.net (George and Joyce Allen)
Fri, 29 Mar 1996 18:38:39 -0500
v006.n088.6
As a new member to the list, I thought I should introduce myself.  I have
been baking bread frequently now for about 3 years.  I do all of the
kneeding by hand; but, hope someday to find a used commercial mixer to allow
me to kneed dough for my usual 6 loave batches.  Currently I am trying to
get a good, sour dough starter going; but, just havn't had good success.
Doesn't seem to get as sour as I want.

If anyone has a favorite starter that they would like to share, I'd love to
hear about it.

I do have a magnificent receipe for "monks" bread should anyone be interested.

For a living, I write specialized computer software.  Bread baking is one of
my big hobbies.  The other is cave exploring.

George
* cavebat@spectra.net     co-owner cancer-l .....cancer support list server
*colon cancer resource http://www.spectra.net/~cavebat/colon_cancer.html
*George Allen's  home 607 723 0203 (after 7pm EST), fax 607 722 5503