Re: Help! - Yeast Question

Billy Hatcher <0002040826@mcimail.com>
Sat, 23 Mar 96 10:46 EST
v006.n086.9
Sherry -

The Red Star yeast you describe is the only thing I use, both for ABM and "by-
hand" methods. Use it in any recipe calling for yeast.  One thing I have found
is that I usually have to cut back about 1/4 tsp. of yeast in most recipes or
the bread over flows the pan in the ABM.

Red Star is excellent yeast, and here in SE VA I pay less for ~2 pounds~ of it
than I do for 4 oz. of Fleischmans.  I paid $2.77 at Sam's for my current 2
pounds, but I noticed a few days ago that it is around $3.25 now.  Still an
excellent buy.

Good luck.

 Bill Hatcher
 204-0826@mcimail.com