V6 #85 - Swedish Limpa

bj29@mirage.skypoint.com (bjjan)
Sat, 23 Mar 96 07:03 CST
v006.n086.4
Here is a recipe I got from my old Swedish Aunt.  She used to make it by
hand/memory and I asked her to write the recipe down for me. I really was a
wonderful by hand recipe too, but here it is for my bread machine:
AUNT MILLY SWEDENBORG's SWEDISH RYE
(works well in 1-1/2# Regal breadmaker)
1 C. Water
1 T. Butter
2 T. Molasses
2 T. Orange Rind, grated
2 T. Brown Sugar
2 T. Powdered Milk
1 tsp. Salt
1 T. Gluten
1 C. Pumpernickel Rye Flour
2 C. Bread Flour
1-1/2 tsp. Yeast
Use:sweet cycle if possible

SCANDINAVIAN RYE (similar to a Swedish "Limpa" from:DG2
medium size
1 C Water or Milk
2-1/4 T. Veg. Oil
2-1/4 T. Molasses
3/4 tsp. Salt
1/8 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Fennel seeds
1 tsp. Caraway seeds
1 tsp. grated Orange Peel
1-1/2 C. Rye Flour
1-1/2 C. Bread Flour
2 tsp. Yeast

This is the very first bread I ever tasted made in a
bread machine and was the reason I bought my first one.
Now I have 6!  It doesn't say "Limpa", but it's mighty good!
SWEDISH RYE BREAD - from DG1 - medium size recipe
1 C less 2 T. Water
1/4 C. Honey
1 T. Butter
1-1/2 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Caraway Seeds
1/2 tsp. Orange Peel - grated
1 C. Rye Flour
1-1/2 C. Bread Flour
1-1/2 tsp. Yeast
use basic cycle

Hope these are what you're looking for.
Another suggestion is if you happen to have an old recipe
for making Swedish Limpa by hand, I'm sure Linda Rehberg co-author
of Bread Machine Magic will be happy to convert it to a bread machine
recipe for you. She and her partner Lois Conway are both so nice,
I'm sure if you have any abm problems, either would be happy to help.