INFO RE BAGUETTES (New Orleans style)

Al Sroka <jsroka@ix.netcom.com>
Sat, 9 Mar 1996 09:47:35 -0800
v006.n082.5
Since I was away last month I missed V6 #70 through #79. If someone replied
to this inquiry which was posted shortly before I left, I would be mosr
gratefull if they would send  again.

ORIGINAL INQUIRY...............

French Bread/Baguettes as baked in New Orleans have an airy pile seldom
equalled.  Vacuoles one inch in diameter are common, giving the baguette
unusual lightness.If any list member has information how this result is
achieved I would appreciate the recipe, particularly details such as:

1.-Is it made by straight dough or sponge&dough method?
 2.-Flour specification and  any protein (Vital Gluten) addition
 3.- Yeast, type as % of flour
4.-Yeast food if used as  % of flour
5.- Dough conditioner, type as % of flour
6.-Any special notes on dough development and  baking process
.
Since I  live in the San Francisco area  any comments on suppliers will be
appreciated.

Al Sroka