Re: Hint for Busy Folks!

marcy@j51.com (Marcy Lawrence)
Mon, 26 Feb 1996 21:16:30 GMT
v006.n078.4
Re:  Bev's great hint for pre-mixing dry ingredients and storing in a zip-lock
bag (digest volume #74) ... Bev, I've been doing just that for about two years
and I agree that it is a wonderful idea.  I've taken it one step further... I
own a "Food Saver" vacuum packer.  I make up a few bags, line them up and
when I
bake bread, I'll also make up a few "mixes", vacuum seal the bags, write the
name of the bread and the ingredients to add with a permanent marker on the bag
and toss in the freezer.  I usually "forget" to defrost the mix in advance, so
open the bag, place the mix on a plate and microwave for about 30 seconds to
warm it up before placing in the bread machine pan.  The mixes are also a nice
gift idea for friends who have just bought a machine and are still using only
the recipe book that came with the machine!

Marcy
marcy@j51.com