Feb.5 inquiry about potato rolls

Cynthia Tindall-Cox <cynthia-tindall-cox@uiowa.edu>
Sun, 25 Feb 1996 14:35:43 -0600
v006.n077.12
I am new to the list.  When this was sent I requested to be added.

Wendy L. May

You asked for a potato roll recipe.  This is from my hometown recipe book.
I have not tried it personally yet, but my grandmother and I have made
kolache's with potato dough and they are great!  I do not have a bread
machine so I do it all by hand.

Potato Refrigerator Rolls       Mrs. Elmer Livingston

1 1/2 c warm water (110-115)
1 pkg yeast
2/3 c sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
2/3 c soft shortening
2 eggs
1 c lukewarm mashed potatoes
7 - 7 1/2 c flour

        In bowl, dissolve yeast in water.  Stir in sugar, salt, shortening,
eggs,and potatoes.  Mix flour in until dough is easy to handle.  Turn onto
lightly floured board.  Knead until smooth and elastic.  Place greased side
up in greased bowl.  Cover with damp cloth, place in refrigerator.  About 2
hrs. before baking, shape dough into rolls.  Cover and let rise until double.
1 1/2-2 hrs.  Heat oven to 400.  Bake 12-15 min.