hochey pucks or rolls?

Susan Petusky <petusks@war.wyeth.com>
Fri, 23 Feb 1996 11:15:33 -0500
v006.n076.4
Hi all.  I'm coming out of lurkdom to ask a silly question-but I'm genuinely
serious.
Is it possible that my body gives off something that will make bread unable
to rise?  The reason I ask is I have a bread machine that makes great bread
as long as I don't touch the dough. This includes checking the ball when I'm
going to leave it in the machine to bake.  My rolls are horrible and any loaf
I've tried is sucky ,too. I have the same problem with cookies too. They are
supposed to be soft and chewy but they are hard and crunchy.  Also, if a
plant even sees me walk by it imediately dies. (Slight exaggeration.<GR>).
Really, if I touch it it is not long for this world.

I really want to make those luscious kaiser rolls like you can buy in a deli.
Does anyone know how to make these?  I'm gonna keep on trying all your
suggestions.  Maybe I can convince my husband to do the dough
handling-hmmm < YO,  HONEY....
Thanks
Susan