Burger Buns

"Rob Ryerson" <RYERSONRA@compctr.ccs.csus.edu>
Mon, 19 Feb 1996 08:34:17 PST
v006.n073.13
I retrieved this from the Fat Free archive where I posted it in '94.
Didn't know if Linda or Lois would post it, as noted it is from their
book. But it is great! It may have been adjusted to eliminate oil and
dairy. I've also done variations with molasses and honey for the
sugar. Don't know how well they would keep, they never last long
enough to find out.
- --------------------------

I made these burger/weenie buns last night for dinner. They were
great. I put them into my P/C cookbook, Micro Cookbook and did an
export for the nutritional analysis.

- --> Exported from Micro Cookbook V4 <--

                Whole Wheat Burger & Weenie Buns

                           Serves   8

Prep   2:00    Cook   :15    Stand   :15    Total   2:30

>From the Speciality Bread Section of Bread Machine Magic by Linda
                      Rehberg & Lois Conway

1      cup water
1      each powdered egg substitute
2      cups all-purpose flour
1      cup whole wheat flour
3/4    teaspoon salt
1/4    cup frozen apple juice concentrate
1/4    cup sugar, (or fructose)
3      teaspoons yeast

Place all ingredients in bread machine. Select dough cycle, and
allow to complete.

After machine dough cycle, remove from machine, and place on
floured counter or dough board. Gently roll and shape into 12
inch rope. With a sharp knife, divide into 8 pieces for burger
buns, or 12 pieces for weenie buns. Shape according to purpose,
and place on sprayed baking sheet. Cover and allow to rise for 15
minutes until nearly doubled.

Preheat oven to 400 deg. F. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until
golden brown. Remove from oven, and cool on racks. Slice to use.
May be frozen for 3 to 4 weeks.

Nutrition (per serving):  191 calories

   Saturated fat      0 g
   Total Fat          1 g   (3% of calories)
   Protein            5 g   (11% of calories)
   Carbohydrates     41 g   (86% of calories)

   Cholesterol        1 mg    Sodium        223 mg
   Fiber              0 g     Iron            1 mg
   Vitamin A          2 IU    Vitamin C       0 mg
   Alcohol            0 g

Source: Bread Machine Magic
Page(s): 155
           Date Published: 1992
ISBN 0-312-06914-6 (paperback original)

P.S. For those of you who like to have cookbooks of recipes you've
seen here, the 7 or 9 grain bread recipe recently posted was originally
from Donna R. German's Bread Machine Cookbook IV. For my personal
preferences, that was the best of her books, more whole grains. But
it sits right next to my copy of Bread Machine Magic.............