Chorleywood process in High Speed Mixers

David Cripps <dcripps@ozemail.com.au>
Thu, 15 Feb 1996 15:07:38 +1100 (EST)
v006.n071.15
Hi everybody,

Our Bakery in Southern Tasmania uses a High Speed Dough Mixer manufactured
by Tweedy of Burnley for the Automatic production of our bread lines.
This model of mixer (5500) allows us to use the Chorleywood Bread Process of
dough mixing, however the
high temperatures encountered during the mixing cycle, require large
ammounts of chilled water to be added to the flour and ingredients.  By
increasing the final dough temperature we have reduced our chilled water
requirements, but the consequences of doing so tend to make for an overmixed
dough.

As I understand it, the original manufacturers Tweedy are now owned by APV
Baker Pty Ltd, of Burnley in Lancashire.
We would like nothing better than to be able to make contact with other
Bakeries with similar dough mixers,
to compare notes on dough types, & the results of different recipe types.

If your Bakery has a similar dough mixer, I would be delighted to hear from you.

Kind regards
David Cripps
- -- dcripps@ozemail.com.au  <David Cripps>
20 Croydon Ave., Hobart, Tasmania.