No excuses

Ann Miner <annminer@nauticom.net>
Tue, 13 Feb 1996 09:11:46 -0500 (EST)
v006.n070.7
>From: "R.C. Sagnella" <zeno@voicenet.com>
>Date: Sat, 27 Jan 96 14:15:48 EST
>Subject: Excuse My Dust
>
>I see that there are a number of queries regarding bread machines.  I'm
>awfully puzzled.  We, my wife and I, have been making bread (we grind our
>own whole wheat) for many years and have done it, more or less, the old
>fashion way with a little help from our KitchenAid mixer, a work horse
of a
>machine if ever there was one.  We make anywhere from five to six loaves
at
>a time.  My question is, where is the advantage in using a bread machine?
>Certainly it's not in the time saved, because in either case you must
>prepare the dough; furthermore, it seems that you have to wait five hours
>and more to realize your efforts of one loaf of bread when you use a
>machine.  In less time than than that we have five delicious loaves
ready.

>Bread making the old fashion way is fun and easy.  Raise a little flour
dust
>and try it.

The advantages are many - beyond help for those with arthritic and other
medical conditions.  I don't have to "prepare the dough" - I put the
ingredients in the machine.  I walk away.  I come back (in about 2-1/2 hours)
to a wonderful tasting, fresh loaf of bread and my house smells terrific.  I
have no mess on the counter to clean up.  With my lifestyle, it's either use
a machine or buy bread.  I'd rather use the machine and have fresh bread.
Many people like to mix and knead bread - my mother does this a couple times
a week.  But, just like everything else in life, it is not for everyone.  I
have made bread by hand - it is not fun and easy to me.  I think we can
all co-exist on this list and discuss what we all love - good bread.

               Ann