This yeast-free bread is also gluten-free. It was developed by a member of
our food co-op, who provides it to anyone who is interested in gluten-free
Yeast-Free Gluten-Free White Bread
This white bread is very tasty and not as crumbly as some gluten-free
2 1/4 cups whole-grain rice flour
1/4 cup soy flour (or quinoa flour)
1/2 cup cornstarch
2 tablespoons potato starch flour
1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon soda
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
3/4 cup small-curd cottage cheese
3 tablespoons oil
1. Preheat oven to 350=B0. Grease three small loaf pans (7 1/2 x 3 1/2 x
2 1/4 inches).
2. Sift all dry ingredients together 4 or 5 times. Place in large bowl.
3. In medium bowl, beat the eggs on high speed for 2 minutes until frothy.
4. Add buttermilk, cottage cheese, and oil to eggs and mix well.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mix and beat on high speed for 3
to 5 minutes.
6. Divide batter among the three prepared loaf pans.
7. Place all the pans on one cookie sheet (for ease of handling) and bake
about 45 minutes.
- Ruth Domingo
submitted by Bonnie Briscoe
Bonnie Briscoe e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Briscoe & Associates
500 East Third St. voice phone: (612)589-1258
Morris MN 56267 fax/modem: (612)589-1754
Language is all that separates us from the lower animals--