Q: Varying Recipie Size Downward in a Bread Machine

Aaron M Frankel <amf25@columbia.edu>
Mon, 14 Aug 1995 22:00:26 -0400 (EDT)
v006.n033.3
Hi bread makers,

I recently got a toastmaster and I love it.  I tried the basic french
bread recipie and it was great.  I made a loaf as a gift for my family (I
am at school now) and they loved it.  Only problem is even the 1 lb. loaf
is more than I would want to eat in a day (well I might want to - but
more than I should eat).  How much can one vary the proportions of the
bread.  Could I make a half pound loaf by halving the ingredients? Would
I need to change the bake setting? Should some ingredients (yeast?) not
be reduced as much?  Also what methods do you use to store the bread -
How long do I need to let it cool before I can bag it?

Thanks for the help