Hot Dog and Hamburger buns

Susan Battle <sbattle@agora.rdrop.com>
Thu, 23 Mar 1995 21:10:05 -0800 (PST)
v006.n013.3
Someone recently asked for a recipe for hot dog and hamburger buns. This
is the one that I use and really enjoy. It's not from any one book. It's
a compilation that works best for me. I like baking with whole grains, so
most of my recipes I change to a  2 whole grains to 1 unbleached
white flour mixture.
I have a DAK, so you may need to use less water if you have another brand.

1 Tbsp. yeast
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. unbleached white flour
1 egg
2 Tbsp. oil
1 1/4 c. water

I set my machine for white manual. When it beeps at completion I
sometimes let it sit for a little while. But I usually just take the
whole thing out and divide into 8 pieces. Then shape into whatever shape
you want. Place buns on a slightly greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise
until approximately double.
 Bake at 450 for 10 minutes, then lower temperature to 350 and bake for
another 10 minutes.

Before baking you can sprinkle sesame or poppy seeds on top.
These are tasty.
Enjoy,
Susan