Re: BREAD Digest V5 #48

Joel.Ehrlich@salata.com (Joel Ehrlich)
13 Dec 94 16:34:07 -0800
v005.n049.3
 BR> Date: Mon, 12 Dec 1994 8:18:41 -0600 (CST)
 BR> From: JENNIFER GRIFFIN/CARL HAYWOOD <LOSTEYE@dsm1.dsmnet.com>
 BR> Subject: Semolina Bread Request

 BR> I am looking for a bread machine recipe that uses semolina
 BR> flour, preferably in large amounts (2-3 cups, versus 1/4 cup).  My
 BR> husband and I both love semolina bread, but are unable to find it here
 BR> in Iowa.  I have seen a few recipes that use a little semolina, but not
 BR> very much.  Also, I was thinking I could substitute semolina for whole
 BR> wheat in a recipe, does anyone know how feasible this might be?

 BR> Thanks in advance,

Sure. Here's one:

 Semolina Sesame Bread (ABM)    No. 3222                Yields 1 Loaf

     2 tsp       Active Dry Yeast         1/3 Cup       Toasted Sesame Seed
     3 Cups      Semolina                   3 Tbls      Olive Oil
     3 Tbls      Wheat Germ             1 1/4 Cups      Water
 1 1/2 Tbls      Sugar
 1 1/2 tsp       Salt

Add the ingredients to the pan in the order listed.
Select "White Bread".
Press "Start".

... It's as easy as 3.14159265358979323846264338327950