Notes for new people...

"Michael E. Grabenstein" <mikeg@sun.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Wed, 12 Oct 1994 08:27:46 -0400
v005.n040.11
	My bread maker died. It was partially my fault (I feel), but it is
under warranty and Regal said (in a phone conversation) that it is
covered.

	What happened was my paddle would sometimes stick and be very hard
to get to turn again. Then sometimes once it was turning it was very hard
to turn. Like somehow bread was getting down in the gears and baking then
making them sticky.

	Well my stupidity came in the form that I did not immediately
phone Regal and tell them that the paddle was stiff to turn. This was
covered under my warranty and all I would have had to do was send back the
bread pan and they would repair/replace it.

	Unfortunately I could usually get it to turn and just kept using
it.

	Well now there is a gear in the bottom of the bread maker itself
that is stripped and I have sent back the entire bread maker and bread
pan.

	Since hearing that some of the engines have burned up in others
bread makers I got to thinking that if the engines were a direct drive to
the bread pan paddle (ie. no gears, belts, etc.) then if the paddle was
stiff to turn or was not turning then the engine would burn up.

	So to summarize check your bread pan paddle and make sure it turns
freely. If it is stiff or does not turn, you need a new one, or need to
report it to the manufacturer (for warranty purposes).

	Luckily my problem came about while the machine was still under
warranty. At the 11th month, but still under the limit. :-)

	Other than this my Regal bread maker has been a fine machine and
produces an out standing texture in the bread it bakes. And I do a lot of
bread baking (at least just for two people, I do).

	Dealing with Regal's warranty department has been a breeze, very
polite and kind.

Sincerely,
   Mike, 			     Michael.Grabenstein@gsfc.nasa.gov
   UNIX Administrator GSFC Libraries Project
   Current Contents & WAIS Mail List Admin, CCnWAIS-ad@sun.gsfc.nasa.gov
   #include <std.disclaimer>