high-altitude bread

lhartten@al.noaa.gov (Leslie Hartten)
Mon, 26 Sep 1994 09:51:47 -0600
v005.n038.3
Hello,

  I've got a DAK machine that I used once or twice a month for about a
year in Massachusetts.  Now I'm settled in Colorado (at about 5300 feet
above sea level) and I'm getting back into bread-baking.  I'm having
good luck following the suggestion of _Electric Bread_ and reducing
yeast by 1/4 teaspoon and water by about 1/8 of a cup.  However, all
types of bread are coming out with a rather thick and dark crust, even
when I turn the dark/light setting way down.  Any high-altitude
bread machine users out there with any suggestions?

Cheers,
  Leslie
--
Leslie M. Hartten