Re: BREAD Digest V5 #3

lark aho <S22G%NMUMUS.bitnet@vm42.cso.uiuc.edu>
Thu, 27 Jan 94 09:49:59 EST
v005.n004.2
Hi

My name is Lark. I AM A MEDICAL LAB TECHNICIAN, BUT ALSO A WIFE AND
MOTHER AND MY FAMILY LOVES BREAD. SO I've been making bread for twenty
plus years. I owned a bread machine once, but I have been more
successful just kneading the dough on a lighly floured surface and
feeling it's texture with my hands. You add additional flour to the
dough and continue kneading the dough until it is no longer sticky but
smooth and springs back at you when you touch it. My family likes potato
bread the best. I use milk, vegetable water and eggs in all my receipes,
sometimes butter. I always get highrising loaves with lots of flavor.
Does anyone else still knead there dough by hand?