Re: BREAD Digest V4 #5

jane@apollo.hp.com
Fri, 5 Feb 93 9:06:43 EST
v004.n006.1
> I made a loaf using
> Dak's recipe that's in the small book which comes with the breadmaker,
> but I had a nice pudding pocket in the top, and it didn't even rise to
> half the height of the 'can' inside.

I suggest that you add 2 tablespoons of gluten.  Gluten will take care
of the problem during times when atmospheric pressure is unfavorable
for rising.  I often use gluten in recipes that do not have bread flour
as the primary ingredient.  You might experiment to see how much you need.
BTW, I used to mail order gluten from the DAK catalog, but now that DAK
is having its financial difficulties, I haven't received a catalog in a
long time, so I'm not sure if it's still available from that source.

Good luck!
Jane Marcus
jane@apollo.hp.com