Re: gluten source

m14051@mwvm.mitre.org (John DeCarlo)
Fri, 12 Apr 1991 09:01:00 GMT
v002.n008.1
>From: dee@lamont.ldgo.columbia.edu

>  My DAK finally arrived and so far the results have been
>  wonderful!    Moving along through new recipes, I have
>  been unable to locate a source for gluten, as required
>  for the oatbran breads (in addition to using bread flour).

I have only found it in health-food stores.  The boxes are
usually labeled "Wheat Gluten", since the gluten comes from
wheat.  Perhaps the health-food stores you looked in didn't
recognize it as "gluten".  Look in the area that contains such
things as "Wheat Berries" and other grain stuff.

Internet: jdecarlo@mitre.org
           (or John.DeCarlo@f131.n109.z1.fidonet.org)
Fidonet:  1:109/131